City of Littleton Inclusion ELECTION BALLOT CONTENT MEETING PROCEDURES
A public Ballot Content Meeting will be convened by the Designated Election Official, Barb Andrews, at 11:00 a.m., on July 17, 2018, in the Board Room of the South Metro Headquarters building at 9195 East Mineral Avenue, Centennial, Colorado. The purpose of the Ballot content Meeting is to consider proposals for the form and content of the ballot question for the City of Littleton inclusion election, to be held by coordinated mail ballot on November 6, 2018. Any interested member of the public may participate in the Ballot Content Meeting. A summary of procedures related to the Ballot Content Meeting follows, and a full copy of the Order for Inclusion Election (City of Littleton) setting the procedures can be reviewed at [LINK TO ORDER].
1. All participants shall submit to the DEO a written notice to participate in the Ballot Content Meeting providing the name of the participant and an email address and/or mailing address at which the participant can be notified upon the DEO certifying the final form of the ballot question. A sign-up sheet will be available at the Ballot Content Meeting that can be used to provide this information. Notices to participate and any written proposals or comments can also be submitted to DEO@SOUTHMETRO.ORG.
2. The Ballot Content Meeting is not in the nature of a hearing and is not subject to formal rules of procedure.
3. Participants shall provide written proposals and may make verbal presentations as to the appropriate form of the ballot question. The DEO may ask questions of the participants. Participants will not be required to respond to statements or questions posed by other participants.
4. The DEO shall resolve all disputes or objections related to the procedures of the Ballot Content Meeting, except as set forth in the Court’s Order. The DEO may restrict or exclude duplicative or irrelevant presentations.
5. Each participant shall have twenty (20) minutes to present his or her comments and any proposed form and content of ballot question. The DEO may grant additional time to participants.
6. At the conclusion of the Ballot Content Meeting the DEO may take the proposals under consideration and as soon as possible and no later than September 7, 2018, shall set and certify the ballot question to the County Clerk and Recorders of Arapahoe, Douglas and Jefferson County. A copy of the certified ballot question shall be emailed on the same day to all participants who submitted a written notice to participate in the Ballot Content Meeting, unless a participant provides only a US Mail address, in which case the certification will be mailed to such US Mail address on the same day.
A proposed form of the ballot question can be found in the South Metro District/City of Little Pre-Unification Agreement can be reviewed at [LINK TO AGREEMENT].