Please note, that South Metro Fire Rescue will be lifting some of its COVID-19 restrictions, and will be accepting requests for Engine Demos beginning on March 1st.
An engine/medic unit demonstration is when a fire apparatus and/or medical unit come to a specified location to provide an educational orientation to the fire apparatus and its equipment. Demos are generally 30 minutes long. During an engine/medic unit demo, personnel stay in-service and with their apparatus prepared to respond to calls for service.
Requests for engine/medic unit demos must meet the following requirements:
- Must originate through SMFRs external website
- Must be received no less than three weeks prior to requested tour date
- Group must be citizens of the district
- Group/class is allowed one demo per school year
- Group cannot be a scouting troop
- Group/class must be one of the following:
- Group/class target audience is over the age of 4
SMFR will not:
- Provide engine/medic unit demos for a for-profit business
- Provide engine/medic unit demos at a place of residence
- Allow tours before 10 am or after 6 pm