Continued COVID-19 Restrictions
All non-vaccinated people entering a SMFR facility must wear a mask.
All children under 12 years old must wear a mask during station tours.
A station tour is a pre-scheduled educational walk-through and apparatus/equipment demonstration at any of our 29 fire stations. SMFR is pleased to schedule station tours for citizens of our fire district on pre-designated dates and times based on our training schedule. During scheduled station tours, firefighter will remain in-service and ready to respond to emergencies and therefore may have to cancel, be late and/or may have to leave early. Station tours are typically scheduled from 45 minutes to 1 hour long.
Requests for station tours must meet the following requirements:
- Must originate through SMFRs external website
- Must be received no later than three weeks prior to requested tour date
- Participants must live in the district
- Group/class is allowed one tour per school year
- Group cannot be a scouting troop
- We ask that the majority of audience be at least four years old
- Maximum allowed participants is 25 people (including children and adults)
- A one adult to five children ratio is requested (1:5)
Please note that SMFR will not:
- Host birthday parties or festivities at fire stations
- Allow tours before 10 am or after 6 pm
SMFR reserves the right to deny any request. If your request is not approved, you will receive timely notification of the reason.