There are two seats on the South Metro Fire Rescue Fire Protection District Volunteer Firefighter Pension Board of Trustees elected, one of which is up for election, from the members of the following pension funds:
- SMFR FPD Volunteer Firefighter Pension Fund (formerly Parker Fire Protection District Volunteer Pension Fund)
- Cherry Hills Old Hire Pension Fund
- South Metro Fire Rescue Volunteer Pension Fund
- Castlewood Fire Old Hire Pension Plan
- Castlewood Fire Volunteer Pension Plan
Written notice was sent to Members and members of the Transferred Old Hire and Volunteer Pension Funds that Self-Nomination Forms will be accepted in writing, via email or phone call before close of business on June 18, 2018. Ballots for the election will be mailed on July 9th and completed ballots will be accepted until the close of business on July 27, 2018.