South Metro Fire Rescue is a special district as defined by state of Colorado that protects the citizens and guests of several cities, counties and municipalities. The Development and Construction section of our Fire Marshal’s Office is responsible for plan reviews, permits and inspections for new and tenant improvement construction for the District.
Please note that plan reviews are now 100% electronic. South Metro uses Accela for all plan review submittal.
- Access the Citizen Portal, create a user profile, and submit plans for review
- If you need assistance with the process, please view the tutorials on the Development & Construction page.
- The SMFR Board of Directors amended the fee schedule on February 1, 2022.
- Re-inspection fees are $250
- False Alarm fees for two or more emergency response calls due to construction-related activities are now $250
Over the Counter Plan Review
South Metro does offer expedited plan reviews for specific, smaller project which we refer to over-the-counter (OTC) reviews during the following days and times. The submittal process is still electronically via our permitting software (see above), but you will be need to click the button for OTC, which appears after the “People and Place” section.
- Monday - Friday: 8:00-11:00 am
- Please note that during the submittal process, be sure to click the button for OTC which appears after the People and Place Section.