Development and Construction
Please note that plan reviews are now 100% electronic. South Metro uses Accela for all plan review submittal.
- Click Here to access the Citizen Portal, create a user profile, and submit plans for review
- If you need assistance with the process, please view the tutorials on the Development & Construction page.
- The SMFR Board of Directors amended the fee schedule on July 6th, 2020. Please click here to view
- Re-inspection fees are $250
- False Alarm fees for two or more emergency response calls due to construction-related activities are now $250
Over the Counter Plan Review
South Metro does offer expedited plan reviews for specific, smaller project which we refer to over-the-counter (OTC) reviews during the following days and times. The submittal process is still electronically via our permitting software (see above), but you will be need to click the button for OTC, which appears after the “People and Place” section.
- Monday - Wednesday: 8:00-11:00 am
- Thursday: 9:00 - 11:00 am
- Friday: 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Please note that during the submittal process, be sure to click the button for OTC which appears after the People and Place Section.
- For general questions regarding the permitting or plan review process, please contact our permit desk at 720-989-2230.
- Adopted Fire Code
- Building Department Requirements
- Code Interpretations/Applications
- Helpful Documents
South Metro has adopted fire code standards throughout its district. See below for full list.
|Jurisdiction||Adopted Code||Appendices Adopted||Other Amendments|
|Arapahoe County (Unincorporated)||2015 IFC||B, C, D||Link|
|Town of Bow Mar||2012 IFC||B, C, D, F and I|
|City of Castle Pines||2015 IFC||B, C, D||Link|
|City of Centennial||2015 IFC||B, C, D||Link|
|City of Cherry Hills Village||2015 IFC||B, C||Link|
|Douglas County (Unincorporated)||2012 IFC||B, C||Link|
|Town of Foxfield||2015 IFC||B, C, D||Link|
|City of Greenwood Village||2012 IFC||B, C||Link|
|Jefferson County (Unincorporated)||2012 IFC|
|City of Littleton||2009 IFC|
|City of Lone Tree||2018 IFC||B, C, D||Link|
|Town of Parker||2018 IFC||B, C, D||Link|